Careers and Internships
At Velocity Sports Performance we are always looking for high-quality team members. We often have opportunities for the right person to become a Sports Performance Coach with us. This could be through an internship opportunity or direct hire.
Our internship program is 16 weeks in length for approximately 20 hours per week of intense training as a performance coach. By the end of the program, you will have been trained in our methodology for speed development, strength development, power development and our Long Term Athletic Development model. With the right person, we may even offer a position on our staff at the end of the program assuming your skills meet our standards and our staffing needs. During your time learning with us, you will have access to our state of the art facility and get hands-on practice using the tools we use to make Olympic athletes the top in their sport. Not everyone has what it takes to coach with us, do you have what it takes?
- Masters Degree Kinesiology/Biomechanics/Nutrition or related field
- Bachelors Degree Kinesiology/Physical Education
Tier 1 Certifications:
- NSCA – CSCS
Tier 2 Certifications:
- USATF Level 1
- CrossFit Level 1
- NASM PES
- Precision Nutrition Level 1
- 1-2 years Professional or College Strength & Conditioning coaching
- 1-2 years Previous Performance coaching
- Coaching youth athletes
- Personal Training, Small Group Training
- Nutrition Coaching
Key candidate characteristics:
- A strong understanding of and practical application of scientific training principals and the hunger to learn more
- The ability to coach athletes and not just tell them what to do.
- Professional communications with parents, peers, and superiors.
- Strong and proven work ethic.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable.
The desire to become an elite level Strength and Conditioning coach and all that entails.
If the above requirements fit you and your career goals and you are interested in pursuing a career with us as a Performance Coach please email your story and current resume to: